NPOI cancels 3/29 concert, associated rehearsals, due to Coronavirus restrictions
Dallas County has issued a health order that prohibits all public gatherings of 500 persons or more, which would include concerts and presentations at the Irving Arts Center. This order was effective March 13, to protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19.
The following events are cancelled:
- March 17: Rehearsal
- March 24: Rehearsal
- March 28: Rehearsal
- March 29: Friends “cake and conversation” before the concert
- March 29: Concert, “Singing Voices” (conductor, Dr. Sergio Espinosa, soloist Dr. Adrian Demian, and the UTA University Singers)
The following events are postponed:
- March 24: Auditions for the annual youth concerto competition.
Applicants will be individually notified of a rescheduled date or any cancellation.
Refunds, Exchanges, and Donations:
Anyone who has already purchased tickets to this NPOI concert will automatically receive an account credit that can be used to:
- exchange your tickets for any future 2019-20 or 2020-21 NPOI season performance.
- donate your tickets and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.
- receive a refund for the value of your tickets.
For assistance please contact the Irving Arts Center box office:
- by phone at 972-252-ARTS (2787), Tuesday-Saturday, 12 noon-5 p.m.,
- or in person at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX 75062, during the same hours.
We consider the health and safety of our patrons to be the highest priority. We will closely monitor updates and recommended guidance from our public health experts. We look forward to you joining us at “Sundays at the Symphony” soon! Our closing concert for this season is Sunday, May 17.
What you can do:
- Follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the City of Irving and its Irving Arts Center, and Dallas County.
- Check our website – www.npoirving.com – for concert updates as quickly as they become available.