- This event has passed.
Connections: Great American Landscapes
December 15, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
- Jerome Moross: Music for the film, Big Country
- William Grant Still: The Far West Suite
- Aaron Copland: Suite from the ballet, Appalachian Spring
- Ferde Grofe: Grand Canyon Suite
Take a holiday trip through America with our favorite music! Bring a friend – or your kids – to hear a full symphony orchestra performing Grofe’s “Grand Canyon Suite” where you can feel the horses’ pace in “On the Trail” and thrill to the magnificent sight of the Canyon itself …
… and let a Sunday afternoon take you across America with Copland’s famous “Appalachian Spring,” written as a ballet for Martha Graham … Moross’s film music for “The Big Country”… and William Grant Still’s California scenes in his “Far West Suite.”
WHEN: Sunday, December 15 at 3;30 p.m.
WHERE: Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Irving
TICKETS: online or at 972-252-ARTS (2787)
- $20 adults, $15 seniors, $10 students
- NOTE: for special half-price ($5) student tickets, use the ticketing code “CONNECTIONS”
Come early, at 2:30, for “cake and conversation” in the lobby with Texas urban historian Dr. Bob Fairbanks of UTA, longtime Irving community volunteer Christina Winters and members of the Irving Heritage Society, who know a lot about “where we’ve come from.” And join the conversation, sharing your own stories!
It’s the first in a new series of “Connections!” concerts focusing on the music of all the Americas.